The questionnaire has been posted which means we're on our way to getting our secret pals! So here we go on my answers...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I love high quality but it's a treat, not a necessity. I usually avoid Red Heart but I actually like a lot of Lion Brands products.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Nope and nope. I plan to learn to crochet, I have all my hooks and books ready to go, it's just a matter of stopping the knitting to take up a new project. Spinning looks like fun but way too big of a commitment... someday though.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two needle cases and a plastic box for circulars and double pointed needles.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Just a couple of years, I suppose I'm intermediate, although there are those days I feel like a foreigner to the game ;-)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I'm not a big fan of florally or soapy scents. I like citrus, spicy and earthy scents. Cinnamon over mint any day.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but nothing too rich. If I'm having candy it's usually milk chocolate with crunchies or nuts etc. or old school candy like candy dots, fire balls etc.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I go through phases of picking up new crafts, but knitting has seemed to really stick. Before that there was candle making, re-finishing and painting wood, scrap booking, fake stained glass.... really anything that took scissors, glue, ribbon or glitter.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Oh boy, there's a lot of stuff I like. Indigo Girls, Dave Matthews, Janis Joplin, 80's, you know what? It's too much to list. Mostly I'm just not a country fan expect for John Denver (love him) and Patsy Cline.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love deep red. Any deep colors are good with me. I like to wear shades of green or blue. I'm not a big pastel fan, and yellow and orange don't really do it for me. Earth tones, yes!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Right now, I'm single and living with the folks until I can get a better paying job. I have an 18 year old brother and 5 cockateils (we had just two a couple of years ago but they had babies!)
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, but I'm not a big hat person. I'm going to make myself one just so I have it but I tend to not wear them. Mittens are ok but I prefer gloves. I made myself a poncho but I only wear it around the house because it came out to thick and bulky.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm enjoying the Lion Brand Wool Ease thick and quick right now because it's soft and knits up super fast. I really liked working with the Mission Falls 1824 Cotton but they stopped making it :-(
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything too shiny from being 100% polyester. I don't mind blends at all, I just don't want to bother working so hard on something that will look cheap in the end. Also, although I love 100% alpaca and llama wool I seem to be allergic. It makes my head and neck hot and itchy, but blends seem fine.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I started using double pointed needles and really like them. I finished my first pair of socks and made some hand warmers also. I haven't mastered the circulars though.Something about the way I hold my needles seems to be holding my progress back.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I was doing a lot of blankets but now I'm on to smaller projects so I can get to the finished product faster. I want to try the sweater thing again. The last one had some issues.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A scarf to go with a hat set for a friend. My other sock from the pair I started for myself. And I have like 15 things I want to get started on but can't make up my mind where t begin.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight (see above for my circular issues)
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All are fine but I tend to lean toward Bamboo and aluminum
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself from a book
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
maybe a year
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I'm a muppets, not Disney kinda girl. Ren & Stimpy, South Park, Simpsons all that good stuff. Animals? Hmmm, unicorns, giraffes, dogs (and my birds of course)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
It's to close to call between Halloween and Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Dust. (kidding) No, not really, just way too much yarn, magazines and things that I don't need.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knit, Knit Simple, Knit 'N Style, Easy Knitting28.
Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yes, I have to get back to this one though, it's a big question.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cabling and using my circulars
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have only made the super big socks out of the thick and quick so far. Eventually I'll made a regular pair. As for my measurements hmm, I wear a USA 7.5-8 shoe size, does that help?
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)