Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, New Knitters

So this weekend was the big 2-0-0-6 party. My friends had a theme party (roaring 20's speakeasy, yay!) up at their lake house and it was a great time. But, the reason I bring it up is not to mention the ridiculous amount of champange I drank or feathers I wore, but to mention my knitterly moment.

One of the first guests to arrive was a neighbor of the couple I was staying with and shortly after introductions my best friend and hostess made a point of introducing us pretty much as "hey, she's a lefty knitter too!" Within 15 seconds we were off and digging into my knitting stash for some scrap yarn to compare and contrast knitting techniques. While this woman learned to knit righty, she decided to also teach herself how to knit lefty as her hands intended. Low and behold, once again I see how I knit totally different from, well everyone, I suppose.

I have no problem with being a unique knitter, it's kinda fun actually to watch people's faces when they see my wierd way in action... what worries me is teaching others. I have two lefties who would like to learn to knit but I don't want to teach them my way because they'll have such a hard time referencing books since I apparently have my own style. So now I guess I need to re-visit all the learn-how-to books to see if I can conform for the sake of the majority. Hmmm, yet another project. Ah, who am I kidding, I love a challenge!



PS: They also had a chocolate fountain!!!

1 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Jana said...

That's what my blog is missing! I need a picture of myself licking some tableware? Will you take it for me at Zebu's next week? I think the new recruits will really love it! Oh Tracy, you crack me up girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy