Friday, January 06, 2006

Jazz Hands!

A friend of mine from my writing group invited me to join her and some of her friends out last night. For coffee? For dinner? Bowling? A Movie? Nope. Last night I went to, for the first time in well over 10 years mind you, a jazz class!

"Wow Tracy. I didn't know you had it in you" you might be saying.

And in response I say to you... "Apparently I don't!"

I am one sore lady today. Everything but my fingers, toes and ears hurt. Bending, sitting, standing, breathing, walking, laughing and everything in between all cause me much pain. And the funniest part? I kind of like it. I had forgotten about many of these muscles and have allowed them to go into hibernation for quite some time.

"Well wake up body, wake up! It's 2006 and we're not going gently and passively into 30!"

I'll give it a shot again next week. If it hurts this much, I think I'll just stick with Yoga for awhile until I build up my muscles a little. I had taken the winter off from yoga and am now regretting it more than I ever thought possible. Ah well, I guess we get what we put into it, right? Hey at least it was nice to literally dust off the shoes one more time.

And just in case you're wondering, I was NEVER very coordinated as far as jazz went in the first place and it is NOT like riding a bike. I have forgotten how to do most everything. Except of course the jazz run and most importantly, jazz hands. I guess some things never leave you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy