Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful for far too many things to be able to list them all here. Let me sum it up by saying I am thankful for everything. Every friend, loved one, breath I take, body part that works without pain or strain, yummy foods, cozy home, good books, soft yarn (of course), music, bubble baths and a million billion other things that I really try not to take for granted. Shoot, I'm even thankful for Tivo so I can not only catch the parade today (sans commercials) but also the cheerleading competition which used to be a favorite Thanksgiving tradition of mine to watch -- they now show it a week later and I always end up missing it.

Today is an exceptionally, and unusually warm late November day so I took a quick stroll around the yard to get some pics of the leaves. Last week was when they were at their peak but I think you still get the idea...



Yes, the ivy is eating the back of the garage. Believe it or not, if you're inside the garage you'll find that some of it managed to break through the window and is now vining around our junk in there. It's like watching the blob take over!

Just one of a million......



Things are STILL blooming!

Oh, and Mom's homemade pecan pie, just one more thing to be thankful for!


Last but not least, today's my birthday so I'm thankful not only for having another happy & healthy one but for the cinnamon buns I got for breakfast as I do every year. (Good gawd I love them!!!)

Yes, it says "congratulations", apparently the Happy Birthday sign went missing :-) Happy Thanksgiving once again to each and every one of you!

3 Comments:

At 11/23/2007 2:23 PM, Blogger sko_G knits said...

hahahaha, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

and that pecan pie looks DEEElish

 
At 11/23/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on Thanksgiving Tracer! MMM pie and scary ivy! We used to have ivy in our front yard and had it all torn out for the same reason. It will actually grow through brick if given enough time. For that reason it's illegal in many parks in the northwest. Now there are some fun facts to know about ivy huh?

 
At 11/27/2007 5:39 AM, Blogger Kate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I had to *shout* as I'm a long way away; ) I hope the rest of the day lived up to the cinnamon buns and that all your yarn wishes come true.

Is it just me or does every end-of-fall photo remind you of the Blair Witch movie, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy