Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy, Busy Week!

First off, I treated myself to a GPS device. Tom-Tom is my new friend-friend. I love-love this thing-thing (ok, I'll stop-stop).
Being that I'm often driving without a navigator, I keep missing my exists and turns because I can't read my directions and the street signs fast enough, causing me to have to make an endless amount of u-turns to get back on track. I knew I was going to be driving quite a lot this weekend to get to a friends wedding up north so I splurged on this bad boy to keep me company and on the right path. I have to say, one of my best investments to date! Granted, I'm a bit of an electronics whore so any new gadget is going to push my buttons so to speak. (I'm sick, bad puns come out when I'm battling a fever.)
And here's the pretty bride and her new hubby. Big, fat congratulations go out to Amy and Matty once again!
Everything was amazing -the bride was beautiful, the weather perfect, food delicious, dancing plentiful and the company divine. Aside from that being the day I first got this terrible chest cold, you really couldn't have asked for a better day.


In the meantime, I began two knitted items. I'm calling these my fall socks (the colors and it being September ya know?). I figured I gotta make a dent in my 2006 Stitches stash since the next one is coming up in just a few short weeks and I need to have a reason to need more yarn.
Plus, I'm working on a birthday present for my BFF/blog-stalker JJ who, although knows what she's getting, isn't going to see them until her birthday. They're on Ravelry if you're really curious - Ha, ha non-knitter you can't see 'em :-)

Last but not least, I got a great note from my former downstream ISE4 pal Kate who was kind enough to send me pictures of her new beautiful baby Matilda enjoying the socks I made for her from mom's left-over scarf yarn. Here's Mum & Tilly getting "dunked"! (Well, Tilly is, Mum needs no more dunkin' I'm sure)

Look, "Baby Birks" in use! How cute are those tootsies?!?

2 Comments:

At 10/01/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger JJINJERSEY said...

I AM your blog stalker - but aren't you glad to know that your words aren't lost out in cyberspace somehow?
Well there goes my birthday present - I was sooo getting you GPS. Poo.
At least I know mine is cool.

 
At 10/02/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Kate said...

They DO look cute : )

Amy looks far too demure to be the proud possesor of Condom Critter!

So did you break your ankle at the reception? That was my best trick at a reception, particularly as I was designated driver and didn't have a more than one glass of wine for the whole afternoon. Most embarrassing and my carload had to get taxis home. Having said that, the hunkiest guy in the room carried me to the car taking me to the emergency room (swoon!). Didn't get his name and number though, demmit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy