Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Because I apparently had more time available to waste than I first thought

So I got my invite to join Ravelry last week and I've been kinda going a little crazy getting myself set up over there and neglecting my blogging duties. Sorry.
However, I have gotten some knitting done including a cotton baby hat and about 15 miles of chevron scarf (ok, 3/4 of it which is approximately the same thing.)


I've also managed to watch season 1 of 24 as well as the first four episodes of season 2, hence so much knitting accomplished. This past season (6) was the first time I really watched it. Now, after going back and watching the first one,and picking out 99% of all the bad guys and plot points I might add, I'm hooked! Shoot and I'm already still playing catch up on Lost! Ahh, one high intensity show at a time please.

Oh, but back to knitting. I have begun the depressing job of frogging things with 2 inches of dust on them including the few inches of the second Monkey sock that I never got around to finishing. I haven't had the strength to pull out the first one yet being 75% of the way though but I do intend to because I want this pair to be just right. Call it spring (summer) cleaning but it just seemed like time to take the needles back from the basket of the un-done and call those projects flubs. I plan to revamp my knitting world by frogging things that have errors and ditching the yarns that don't give me that special jingle. There's a lot of junk yarn floating about the house from "deals" I got or just unfinished projects that I have no plan to complete and it's time for them to go. I figure if I let it sit for too long the yarn will go bad and get crunchy or stinky or faded and then it'll be no good to anyone. Now I just need to put my plans into action. See, it's all so simple I can't believe I didn't do this sooner ;-)

4 Comments:

At 7/12/2007 1:53 PM, Blogger sko_G knits said...

good for you!!! i keep going through my stash and coming across those balls of things that i keep saying..oh maybe someday i will need this, or that. when really, another year goes by and they're still sitting there. so have you decided what you are going to do with the balls you don't want/need?

 
At 7/14/2007 7:17 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Remember, frogging is always a way to make things better:) Whatever we frog we are doing it to fix it, and it's worth the painful frogging! And getting rid of yarn is not bad. If you're not going to knit it, donate it to someone who will!

 
At 7/17/2007 9:03 PM, Blogger Kate said...

It seems half the bloggers I visit have just received their Ravellry invites. Congratulations and I'll totally understand that we probably won't hear from you for a while!

 
At 7/19/2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Chris it's not just the yarn I do that with, every magazine, piece of string, empty cardboard box etc. seems to be something I may need in the future! I think I'll have to put the yarn and magazines IN the boxes and ship them off to charity. It's the only way to save myself!

And yes, I think you're right Kate! I've already stopped reading as many blogs as I did before. I am so excited to have a place where we'll all be able to find each other easy peasy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy