Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh yeah!

I treated myself to lace blocking wires which I got on ebay for about 5 bucks less than anywhere else and the mailing tube doubles as a storage container so whoopee for me! Gotta say, while the wires aren't magic, they are as close as you're gonna get. Waaaaaaaaayyyyyy easier than just pinning. way.
I splurged on them because I was knitting lace for my ISE4 pal who's scarf broke my wires cherry (potty mouth Tracy, potty mouth). I also bought some super yummy green lace yarn at Stitches East, as well as some cashmere yarn at School Products when I went on the city excursion to the knitting and lace show with my knitting gal pals. There's a lot I plan to use these bad boys for and I figured I could put off buying them and 2 or 3 projects in, cave and curse myself for not buying them sooner, or I could just save myself the grief for once and jump straight to the end result and buy the damn things!
Wires in use - well I haven't pinned it down yet but you can already see how great they work.

I likey this scarf for me. I think I see one in my future ;-)

4 Comments:

At 5/22/2007 2:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i've been lurking for a while, but i had to come out of lurkdom to say what a gorgeous scarf and ask what pattern it is. and hi, btw. :p

 
At 5/24/2007 6:29 AM, Blogger Jana said...

bee-you-tiful!!!!! It is really gorgeous Tracy, you have a lucky pal!

 
At 5/24/2007 8:54 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Thank you ladies! Lurk away Rhia, I'd like to check out your blog too but you're set to private. Are you in the witness protection program? If so it's ok, don't say yes ;-)

 
At 5/26/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Michellefinaz said...

so what pattern did you use for the purple scarf, it is so beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy