Monday, April 02, 2007

International scarf is on the needles!

I'm working on the scarf for my pal for the ISE 4 finally (it's so hard to pick a pattern and yarn). I thought I was going to use something from my stash (it was a plan with the best intentions to help my stash problem) but instead found myself at my LYS getting an alpaca silk blend that's just heavenly if I do say so myself. I bought the lavender not only because my pal loves purples, but because I think it will be flattering on her. Now that I'm working with it I think I might need to add more purple to my wardrobe as well.
I'm still using this diamond lace pattern with a seed stitch edge, but the alpaca/tencel yarn is back in the basket for later use. It's ok though, I really wanted to use it for myself anyway.
Mom caught me working on this and seemed to really like it so if I can get my butt in gear, I'll make her a lacey scarf for Mother's Day - that's on May 13th I can do it, right?

Oh, and don't forget to call me by my new name:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Excellency Tracy the Omnipresent of Melbury Bubblewick
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


(Saw this on knitty prof's blog and couldn't resist knowing my proper name)

2 Comments:

At 4/06/2007 4:14 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Hoo hoo hoo! Haa haa haa! My name is "Lady Jana the Idle of Fishkill St Wednesday" I love it!!! Especially "the idle" part! I guess a girl can dream...

 
At 4/06/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Crap! Mothers day is May 13th? Double crap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy