Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mail 'N' Such

1-29-07 (It was in the draft folder but I really have no idea why)

This weekend I mailed out my last package for SP9, the Revenge Blanket to Project Linus and a few scarves for the Red Scarf Project. I really can't believe I didn't get more scarves done. I'm disappointed in myself considering I had a year, but I kept putting it off thinking "it's just a few scarves, they don't take much time at all." Yes, this is true to an extent, but between all the holiday knitting, and personal knitting I failed to do much charity knitting at all. So I've decided that I should make a belated New Years Resolution to do three things....

1. STOP BUYING YARN!!!
This is going to be very hard since I've become quite the little shopper lately (it's the change of the season bargains, I'm a sucker for a deal). I have to remind myself that if I buy $50 worth of stuff on sale, it's still $50 out of my pocket even if the stuff in the bag is worth three times that amount.

2. I will try to make sure I knit at least one charity item a month for the year. I should really make that two, and make one item always be a red scarf, but I will start small and practical and if I go above and beyond then great. I will also pick a place and mail out the 3 or 4 items I have on hand that have been waiting for a loving home by the end of this week.

3. If I can't use it for me or give-away then it's going on Ebay or to the local grammar school, nursing home, shelter etc. I bought quite a butt-load of crappy yarn over the years (at the time having a plan for it) but now it's just taking up room and there's no way I'll ever get a chance to knit it up nor will any of my knitting gal pals touch it, so out it goes! [update: I bought a big bin last weekend and filled it with "keepers", everything else must go!]

I know these sound like pretty reasonable things to do right? Number one may be the hardest but I'll try, really I will.

These are the scarves I sent out...

The front label had a cute little penguin with a red scarf and hat on it but (love clip-art!) but showing you that side doesn't really let you see the final product. I know that two out of three aren't red but they wanted unisex scarves and in looking at their blog quite a few are very lacy and/or shades of pink and purple. I figured these colors say "dude" and will be easy to sort from the group.

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2007 8:25 PM, Blogger JJINJERSEY said...

You can count me as a charity. I'm always cold and I like everything you make. I think you're a knitting genius and I still wish I had the patience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy