Friday, March 23, 2007

Even I can do it? You must be joking!


I'm usually not one to get my panties in a twist over the politically incorrect things that people say on a regular basis, but this one just stuck in my craw and there's nothing I can do about it. This ad for The Knitting Board boasts that their handy-dandy device is perfect for "children and South-Paws".

Yes, you heard me, lefties!!! Even left-handed adults, who let's face it, are about as bright as small children, can master this fantastic tool. It's that easy. Apparently righties can do double-sided knits in their sleep, but those of us who favor the right side of the brain, are often caught drooling over how to master needles and string and can really benefit from the assistance of this board. Thank goodness they came along just when I thought the knitting world had forgotten all about us!

(*in adding the Wikipedia link about lefties, I just saw the Irish word 'Ciotog' mentioned and found it hysterical that it not only means left-handed but also, strange person. Yes, I suppose that may be true)


On a lighter note, I went to see The Pogues this weekend on St.Patrick's Day none-the-less!


OK, so pictures in the dark, with the lead singer in a wheelchair and many beers and sips of whiskey from the flask, don't make for the greatest of pictures.

Here's me and JJ - her hubby's taking the pic and Nikki and her crew are out and about (rustling up more drinks maybe?)


Back at J's place she showed me some of the things she's been learning at The S Factor. I got to fly around wearing 6 inch red stiletto's and a fluffy black skirt. Of course I twisted my ankle and got pole burn on my wrist but it burned off enough alcohol to save me from a hang-over the next day so it was worth it to me.

Here I am relaxing in both the fluffy dancer skirt and my jeans afterwards - remember, you must always replenish your fluids after heavy activity. Ab Fab's (champagne, vodka & cranberry) are good for this.

-Oh look, in the picture you can see I was also working on the last bit of my Fetching that night too! It's like the Where's Waldo of knitting! -



Diner & a movie take 1:
A big group of us went out for our first movie club night. In talking with Vinny (Jana's hubby) we realized there were a lot of movies that we both wanted to see but no one would go with us. So what better plan then to start a little movie club to go see the indie, horror, foreign etc. films that everyone around us scoffed at? But, then Reno 911 Miami came out as did the gaggle of folks we roll with.

We decided to go to Harold's which is one of those places that everyone should go to at least once. They serve THE LARGEST of everything you've ever seen. So big in fact we ordered 1 bowl of soup for the table of 9 to share just to give you an idea. They even have a pickle and bread bar - - you grab a plate of slices of bread so you can make regular sized sandwiches from the master sandwich.



1/2 a Turkey Club sandwich and the "mini" Rubin

Then off to Reno 911 Miami - I think my extra large dirty martini's added to the comedic experience (I must say, I caught a lot of heat for ordering that drink)


Flashback
Mom was cleaning out the hall closet because they were getting new carpet and look what she found!

I remember how I just HAD to have those and got them for Christmas one year (just add a dab of salt to the water for the perfect hold). Ahhhh, 1991 how I miss you.

Last but not least...
I got my upstream/downstream partners (I'm so going to mix that up) for the International Scarf Exchange! I'm so excited to start digging through my stash of patterns for just the right one for my pal. Oh and the yarn, all the fun yarn that must be rubbed, caressed, pet and sniffed. Mmmmmm..... yarn.... (sometimes I feel like Homer must feel when he's near pork chops)


Randomess of the week.... They're pencils!



This one makes me feel a little dirty



1 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 11:56 AM, Blogger JJINJERSEY said...

I can't see no stinkin' pics!!
Yes, I think we have confirmed that exercising while drunk prevents hangovers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy