Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bring your own grapes

Last weekend the knitting group (all three of us that are in the country) headed into the city to see the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting show at the Museum of Art & Design. Although the exhibit wasn't that large and it consisted of a lot of art more than craft we really enjoyed the trip and all the amazing things people will commit their time and talents too.

I was so impressed by so many of the items on display it'd be hard for me to pick a favorite - - so I just won't. Although this material hand cut with exacto knives to look like lace was pretty damn amazing! There were 2 or 3 wide rolls of it hanging from the ceiling with more still on the roll at the floor. Fanfriggintastic!

On the way up 6th Ave. we did some shopping and let me tell you, if you are looking for quantity and not quality this is the place for you! Here's a sample of some of the pretty dresses on display in some subtle tones.

As we were rounding the corner to the museum, Chris spotted the next knitting project to go on the needles....
Is that a hat on your head or are you just happy to see me?

Here I am outside the museum fondling my new yarn that we got at School Products which was a lovely store. We had to be buzzed in for a practically private viewing of some of the yummiest lace yarn ever that was - get this - reasonably priced!
Looky! super-soft lace merino, Cashmere boucle ("boo-clay" as we were told), and a cashmere/silk blend



Oh, and let me not forget, a couple of weeks ago both my knitting gals celebrated birthdays! What does one do to celebrate aging? Drink and eat lots of cheese and chocolate of course!

The whole group went out for a light dinner at the Melting Pot (fondue) and my goodness was it yummy! They even served us (I got to be treated like a birthday girl without having to age further) "cupcake" martini's which were so thick the straw stood up like in a milkshake. Needless to say, we were all rolled out of there by the end of the night.

I also ordered Arctic Lace in hopes to help narrow down my choice for the ISE4 scarf. I ended up going with a basic lace pattern that I turned into a scarf pattern but I still can't wait to use some of the patterns in here because they're amazing! I have yet to sit down and really read the book since a lot it consists of stories about the native Alaskan people who raise musk ox to use for what is said to be the be all, end all softest yarn ever. Eventually I will not only read the book but touch some of this fiber gold - eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy