Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm home... for a second

Hello all! I'm back from Bermuda and preparing for my trip to Cancun on Saturday! Yes, I am a total nut, thanks for asking. It was an error on my part when two trips came up I didn't realize just how close May was to June. Did you know the last week of one month bumps right into the first week of the next? Duh Tracy! Bermuda pictures to follow, but for now I wanted to thank you all for the complements on the scarf. As I mentioned I took a basic stitch pattern and just added an edge below is the pattern I used, hope you enjoy! Oh, and if you decide to make it please share a picture I would love to see the pattern knit up in different colors and/or yarns.

Diamond Chain Lace Scarf

Two balls of Blue Sky Alpaca (I forget the specific name): 50% Alpaca / 50% Silk

Cast on 28 sts on sz 9 needles
Seed stitch 6 rows at beginning and end of scarf

(odd rows: K1, P1 Even rows: p1, k1) □ □ □ □ □ □

All odd rows: (k1, p1) 3 times, purl 16, (k1, p1) 3 times

All even rows: (p1, k1) 3 times, follow pattern, (p1, k1) 3 times


Row 1: and all odd rows: Purl

Row 2: K5, yo, ssk, k2, yo, ssk, k5

Row 4: k3, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, k2, yo, ssk, k4

Row 6: k2, k2tog, yo, k3, yo, ssk, k2, yo, ssk, k3

Row 8: k1, k2tog, yo, k2, k2tog, yo, k1, (yo, ssk, k2) 2 times

Row 10: k2tog, yo, k2, k2tog, yo, k3, yo, ssk, k2, yo, ssk, k1

Row 12: (k2, yo, ssk) 2 times, yo, k2tog, yo, k2, k2tog, yo, k2tog

Row 14: k3, yo, ssk, k2, yo, sk2p, yo, k2, k2tog, yo, k2

Row 16: k4, yo, ssk, k2, yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, k3

Repeat rows 1-16

*Sk2p = slip 1, k2tog, pass slipped st over

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2007 7:23 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Dear Tracey - scarf recipient here! Thanks again, SO MUCH for all the hard work yo put into my scarf. I'm enjoying wearing it so much. I'm getting him indoors to photograph it today, as it's the weekend and he's home from work for a change. I can't wait to try on the baby birkenstocks on Bubs - she's gonna look sooooo cute!

And I've gotta get me some of those wires...

 
At 6/17/2007 1:44 AM, Blogger Kate said...

FYI, I've posted photos on the ISE4 blog of all the loot you've sent me ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy