Friday, October 12, 2007

Oy, am I behind!

Let's see, let me catch up so that the next time I post it will be Stitches, Stitches and more Stitches! Yes, tomorrow morning we leave on our fiber pilgrimage to Mecca. Then, the weekend after that it's off to Rhinebeck NY for us to the sheep & wool festival! It's all too much for my little brain to handle :-)

On to pictures...
the first fall sock is done and I'm half way through the second one. The secret glove is on hold for a moment while I figure out how to transition into the hand.



Adam had a birthday recently so we went over and he cooked us dinner (?!?) --- ok but we brought the cake and board games so that's something... yeah, I don't know either. It was a good time that's all that matters.












Last weekend the knitting group went apple and pumpkin picking, you know, cause it's fall, or so we thought. It was friggin' HOT (almost 90 degrees) and there was no shade in sight. However we made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves just the same.

Even the sunflowers can't take it!

Jana & Erin find some apples worth picking, and Chris is good enough to climb the tree for Erin to get her just the right one!





Come on guys - like I said, it's really hot and pumpkins are heavy (Chris is such a good sport).
Oh but then there's gourds and they're always fun

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2007 7:50 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Gourds always bring out the adolescent humour in me - hopeless speculation over body shapes.

I miss pumpkin carving and all that good fun with trick'r'treating. I never got tricked, even on my first cvompletely clueless Halloween when endless numbers of kids came to my door but I was the clueless Australian who didn't realise I was supposed to have candy on hand. Halloween totally doesn't work when you're heading into summer, and no one celebrates it here anyway.

Have fun at Statiches. I'm totally bummed that I started knitting AFTER I moved back from the States. All those yarn festivals that I missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy