Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

If I had, had a New Year's resolution to blog more I would have surely broken it ten times over! So I'm glad I'm a slacker and had no such good intentions :-)
I may not have been blogging but I have been making peppermint bark for Christmas gifts, knitting, going to New Year's parties, to see a show in the city and over-all mixin' n minglin' with my friends. I've been using Ravelry to track my knitting projects, books horded, magazines stashed, wants and wishes and what-nots but of course it's just not the same as blogging. So without further ado, I present pictures of crap that's been going down lately! (I'll try to be better from here on out, cross my heart.)

In no particular order.... I got a few sets of Fetching done for my Manic Monday group (four of us go to diner once a month). I also made myself a pair but managed to forget to put the thumb stitches in the second glove so I'll have to go back and fix that up. See, you make so many pairs you get cocky and forget really simple, but really important steps.








I also made the Quant Headband from the latest issue of Knitty but had to make some adjustments to the pattern to make it lefty friendly. When I got to the end I hit a wall. I know I just have to fudge the pattern so I can do the last few rows and call it a day but I was sidetracked by a thousand Fetching gloves and the like. I think since it hasn't snowed (except for that dusting months ago) I lack the motivation needed to get it done.








I can't remember if I mentioned this on here but I started my first pair of Jaywalkers (ever late to the party). I started on size 3's because so many people said they knit up way too tight but they ended up way too big for me. I changed over to size 2's and they're juuuuust right.











Last winter I started a Cloche hat for a friend after we saw The Painted Veil. We were terribly taken by all the amazing clothes and I thought it would make a great birthday present and look just darling on her. However, the pattern was a bit over my head (no hat pun intended) and I finally decided to frog it this year.
It was a sad thing to do but I'm glad I did it. I still may make the hat or the yarn will become knee high socks but either way, sometimes frogging really is for the best.








And then there's the Wine & Roses Mitts fingerless lace gloves. I fell in love with the pattern when I first got the Interweave Knits magazine last winter. When I was at Stitches this year I found a booth that had knit up a sample pair and once I slipped my hand into that cashmere delight, it was impossible for me to resist these gloves any longer.

I only have one done so far because I started knitting a basic sock to have something mindless to work on while at a friend's house. As we all know, lace isn't really conducive to "mindless" anything. However I have to say, all-in-all the glove knit up pretty quickly and really wasn't hard to tackle. (Soon, I'll get a better picture to show off the real color and pattern.)











And here's that plain sock. I'm using Sockotta yarn which I got on sale when a LYS was going out of business. Erin, one of my knitting gal pals, had knit this up in their green/pink/purple mix and I just loved them, so when I saw it on sale I couldn't resist getting that colorway plus this blue/purple combo. The pattern is the 56 Stitch x 56 Row pattern that Chris (another knit diva) swears by. I agree, anything where all I have to remember is that the answer to my question is probably "56" is OK by me!











I didn't take this picture but I couldn't resist sharing, it's chicken on kittens - seriously does life get any better than that?

2 Comments:

At 2/01/2008 2:59 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Oh my gosh, chicken on kittens is so cute. And I love all the knits of course! I missed your blog but I know you've been having fun in the meantime which is all good!

 
At 2/10/2008 5:43 AM, Blogger Kate said...

OMG, that's gorgeous! I lurve that shot.

I've sighed and become a lemming; I'm on the Ravelry waiting list. When I'm enrolled I'll drop you a line. It seems the only way to keep up with folks.

Completely love the Jaywalkers. Have no intentions of being a sock lemming though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy