Monday, August 18, 2008

Tis Done!

The Lion Brand Artful Afghan was finally finished on Saturday! It's not as a big as I would like but it's still a great great throw and I can't wait to see if the blocking helped at all. It's supposed to be 64" at it's biggest point which seems to be diagonal - mine's about 60ish. I would definitely do this pattern again with a heavier weight and bigger needle or do it in the same yarn as a child's blanket. Either way I'm so happy with the colors I picked - a big worry of mine in the beginning. As previously mentioned, one of the Knit Picks cables broke during the making of the blanket but they decided to replace the cable after-all even though it was out of warranty - I actually already received it, can you believe that?
On a gardening note, my first two Morning Glory flowers FINALLY bloomed. I've never had a problem with the in all these years but for the first time ever I was thinking I was just not going to see a single flower this summer even though they grew all the way up to the rain gutters. Hopefully this is only the beginning in the blooming to come.

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2008 9:04 PM, Blogger sko_G knits said...

looks beautiful!

 
At 8/19/2008 8:39 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Oh it's so gorgeous! Just wait, after some use I'm sure it will stretch a little more. Pretty morning glory flower. Mine are very tempermental too. Sometimes I think they are dead, then I get 3 flowers at once, then nothing for weeks.

 
At 8/21/2008 8:31 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Absolutely love those colours. Ya know, if you want to knit another round blankie, you can have no better inspiration than that morning glory flower!

 
At 9/05/2008 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! I don't know if I saw this on Ravelry or not. The colors just sparkle. Dotchie--alias Dorothy in Salem, OR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy