Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's a bird, it's a plane.....



Yup, it's planes.
Sunday afternoon beach time and there they are practicing to look like a flock of birds. Sometimes it's pretty darn interesting to live near the forts.



The water was pretty but the air was chilly. Summer is over :-(



My parents took me out for lunch the weekend of the storms to Max's after we all started reminiscing about all the places we used to play skee ball and eat hot dogs etc. on the board walk in Asbury and Long Branch when I was little. Max's had been right on the beach when I was a kid, but having burnt down numerous times (these are the pit-falls of owning a restaurant on a pile of dry wood) they decided to move in-land a few blocks instead of rebuilding yet again. I went for the fish sandwich since I am the only person in Jersey apparently who doesn't like crunchy hot-dog skin, but jus the same it was great to be there. Sometimes you have to take a moment to wander down memory lane no matter how small the memory.

Somehow I missed all the happenings just a couple of towns away. I knew that they tore down a bunch of houses and beach clubs etc. and started putting up condo's all along our shoreline thanks to Eminent Domain but what I didn't know was that one of the condo complexes was turned into a mini self-sustaining town.

So after our lunch outing my folks took me over to see this super creepy sudo city. It's all the stores that you've come to love in your local mall, only now you get to live above them! I don't know, maybe it's just me but I thought it was a yuppie version of Dawn of the Dead. But who am I to judge, maybe 20 years down the line these families will be reminiscing about when they used to live above Starbucks. Anything is possible.






~~~next blog will be all things knitty I promise~~~

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 6:47 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I've heard about Pier Village but haven't been there yet. It looks weird. I liked it better when it was ghetto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy