Monday, August 14, 2006

Funky Scarf Q&A

1.Are you allergic to any fibers?
That wonderful 100% alpaca yarn seems to make me red and itchy - - and therefore sad. I can handle plain old wool or blends.

2.Do you prefer any fibers over others?
For a scarf, pretty much anything that's soft and/or warm. Nothing too itchy. I'm not anti-acrylic but of course who doesn't enjoy the fancy stuff?

3.Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!
Posting a "funky" imagine will take a little brainstorming on my part. Basically, to me, funky is anything off the beaten path. It doesn't have to be as extreme as say Betsey Johnson's wardrobe, it just needs to be unique in some way. Something with a little kitsch or edge to it. Something fun, youthful (in the mind not body), original.

4.Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern?
Oh let it be a surprise! Go with whatever moves you :-)

5.What are your favorite colors?
Earth tones or jeweled colors (deep reds, blues, purples).

6.What is your favorite piece of art?
Hmmm, not sure about this one, I'll have to get back to you

7.What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face?
Yellows and oranges are not so great for me, I'm fairly pale with medium/dark brown hair

8.Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl?
Scarf. I don't own a cowl but I think it's because I'd never use it; long hair plus static, it's just too high maintenance

9.When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf?
Doesn't matter, I like to mix it up. If it's an every day, keep me warm in the winter scarf I usually go for something on the wider side that's not too long. Basically something that won't be too bulky under my coat. If it's a just for fun scarf then it doesn't matter.

10.What is the climate like where you live?
I'm in Jersey, so I get every kind of weather possible (the scarf will never be too warm)

11.Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe?
Either's fine with me

12.What else would you like your partner to know about you?
I'm not into big bobbles, eyelash yarn, crazy extra's. A small amount of metallic yarn, some small beads, little decorations are more my style. I like the yarns fun colors or interesting pattern be the thing that stands out.
Oh, and coats! I usually wear either a lime green or darkish red coat in the fall and a black one in the winter. Can't promise I won't buy any other's but thought it may help to know. (don't worry about having to match any of that, just thought I'd share in case it may help you).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MWAHAHAHAHAH that is so good to know hehehehehe I'm not telling who I am hehehehehehehe, but think scarves.

 
At 8/17/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Tee tee hee, you are quite mysterious "anonymous" :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy