Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thank You!

After I returned home from a long day in the city, I was totally surprised to find a box from my SP waiting for me! The swap officially started on October 15th and runs through January so I wasn't expecting anything until November at the earliest. What a tricky pal I have to send me stuff so early.

I wanted to blog about it last night but I couldn't get on to the site at all, not even to read anyone else's blog. Did anyone else have that issue? Sorry, I get easily sidetracked, back to the booty....

So look, my pal even made my gifts match the season/upcoming holiday! She sent me some soft thick burnt orange colored yarn, Halloween themed Jelly Belly candy assortment (YUM & half gone already) and none other than the infamous light up knitting needles, even they matched in their pumpkin orangeness! Since I first discovered these in one of my knitting magazines I've been wondering about them and now I finally get to try them out for myself. And yes, I will be bringing them to my next knitting group so everyone can play too.

My pal also included a card mentioning that I could use the needles for knitting in the movie theater - - it was meant to be a joke, because she's right, it's a bit absurd to use them there. What she doesn't know is that I once did knit in the movies, but in my defense it was just the knit stitch and I did it on bamboo circulars so as to not disturb those around me. Bright glowing plastic needles clicking in the dark would probably not only distract the person whose doing the knitting but all those around you, so I vow never to bring them there. However, later tonight I will be playing with them in the dark, I promise :-)

(It's hard to take a picture of light. I actually got one of them glowing in the dark, but of course it won't upload. So you'll just have to use your imagination.)
Thanks once again SP for my great gifts, I'll be sure to keep you posted on how the needles work out.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Jana said...

That is so cool! What a great pal you have! I like the yarn a lot and I can't wait to see the needles.

 
At 10/27/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hey Tracy, thanks for the comment on my blog. I'd love to swap! Please email me directly at mrspiquante@gmail.com so we can hook something up :)

 
At 10/27/2006 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was kind of scared to send you the yarn, since you said you were not a huge fan of orange, but i thought it was on the line of being rust...plus 'tis the season!! have fun with the sticks...

 
At 10/28/2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yes KP, the orange is the good kind of orange :-) Plus you're right, it's only fitting for October!

 
At 11/01/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

What a wonderful package!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy