Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Funktified!

New pad visit continued, AKA random things to mention regarding last weekend's trip. First off, as knitters you can appreciate my joy when I spotted not one but two items I made for the couple... Green scarf on the coat rack was for hubby last Christmas and the blue & pink blanket was a housewarming gift for wifey when she first moved into her old apartment - and yes those colors matched the place!


Here's JJ modeling how to use the blanket after she caught me taking pictures of her coat rack.
Sunday afternoon we took a walk around her new town and found a yarn shop/ antique store (what a fabulous idea!). I was so excited to find that they had 3 different yarns in the window that would have been perfect for my funky scarf exchange pal but sadly, the store was closed :-(

Ahh, last Tuesday Chris helped me with the whole knitting two socks on two circulars thing because I just couldn't get it started (it was too tight for me to get the needle through). Today, the socks look exactly as you see them here. They are on my to-do list :-)
Before I sent my funky scarf off I wanted to add some beading to help jazz it up a bit. I kept playing with different things to do to it but I was stumped. I brought it to knitting where some of the gals helped me layout a few pattern options which seemed very promising. But when I got home I realized none of them would work because the V's on each end of the scarf faced in different directions which meant it wouldn't looked balanced. I decided to just add a few clusters on each of the three corners and call it a night (I'll make myself nuts with stuff like that).
Then on Friday I got my funky scarf packed up and sent out to my pal (I accidentally had the stitch markers under the paper for the photo shoot- duh. And don't even get me started on how I had to re-wrap it because I couldn't fit it in the box and I ended up totally messing up the tissue paper). Anyway, she got it yesterday and seemed very happy with it which makes me happy.
And then today I came home from knitting to find MY funky scarf waiting for me!
It's absolutely beautiful and totally my style. The colors are warm reds, oranges, browns and green (Where was this yarn when I was looking for something to use for my pal?). I took a few pictures but of course blogger said I can't share them with you yet. I think it's being picky because it knows I need to take the pictures in natural light in order to properly show it off. Hopefully tomorrow I can re-shoot it and then finally post some pictures.
Thank you Cathy once again it's truly fabulous!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I love the picture of you longingly looking in the yarn store window! And I love how you packed the stuff you sent for your exchange. It's wrapped and themed and everything. I can't wait to see the scarf that you got too!

 
At 10/18/2006 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Putnam, CT, there is a yarn shop tucked in the back corner of an antique store. She had a lot packed into that little corner.

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy