Saturday, September 16, 2006

Funky Enough?


The other night I finished one of my two attempts at a funky scarf. It still needs to be washed and blocked but you get the general idea. I don't want to reveal too much information about my pal in case she's cruising blogs, but the two scarves below are my best attempts at suiting her likes and needs.

I like the second scarf because it's lighter and shinier, I think the ribbon yarn just has more personality. But I love the funky shape of the first scarf and the gradual color changes, even so, it seems a bit bland to me. I'm thinking it may just need some small beads to catch the light or some gold thread weaved through. Errr, I wish I could share my pals details so I could get a better idea of what to do, but I have faith. Eventually the right one will reveal itself, I guess it'll just be a fun surprise for me as well!






What does this picture have to do with my dilemma? Nothing at all, I just happened to spot a bee and a spider sharing some space on one of the blooming fall flowers and thought I'd share the moment with you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger LotusKnits said...

they're both pretty cool! love the colorways on them.

 
At 9/16/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger Karen said...

i love both of these scarves! i hope you're my swap partner.

 
At 9/19/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I like them both! I think I like the non ribbon one a bit more. I don't think it looks boring at all!

 
At 10/05/2006 7:02 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

I really like both of them, too!

I guess to me 'funky' could also mean 'unique and interesting'. I hope you're my pal!

Good luck with the beading...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy