Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New stuff's a brewin'

After finishing the blanket I decided I wanted to do another large project so I finally cast on for the Cardigan for Arwen in luscious Noro Cash Iroha. I had to frog about 6 inches because the gauge was off, but now I'm on a slow but steady roll. It's actually a pretty rust color but it looks a little washed out in this photo.

More excitingly though, this time last week I was surprised with a new baby bird! Basically after carefully candling the eggs of three female birds for over five years one slipped passed me. I realized last Tuesday night that one looked awfully dark which either meant it had gone bad or something was growing inside. By the next night I had my answer. So now I have SIX cockatiels. SIX! But you know what, I don't care, s/he's so ugo that s/he's cute and really, what's one more bird?

Just born!

Feeding at less than two days old


And here's tonight at one week - look at how quickly it grew! It looks like some weird little fluffy dinosaur or something doesn't it? Yes, you will be seeing a lot more bird pictures, I just can't help myself!

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2008 9:03 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Oh my gosh, yes the bird baby is soo cute!!! And I like the feeding picture too, what a good mom.

And boy that sweater is going fast so far! I bet you have it done in time for chilly weather!

 
At 9/07/2008 7:35 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Cool! Err, forgive the clueless one here, but candling the eggs???? What's that do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy