Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stitches, finally!

Welcome to Baltimore convention center, the yarn capital of the world (for a few days)! Sadly,we were not permitted to take any photo's inside the convention center so you really miss out on how breathe-taking the whole thing really is. The best way I can describe the event is to say it was like being on acid inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. The colors were so bold and the textures were so enticing that I was tempted to nibble on all the soft, delicious fibers. Really, there's not much more I can say about it, so let's just look at some pictures shall we?


The view of the city from our room:

Jana & Amy before we headed off to dinner (it was a wee bit chilly if you can't tell from the wind kissed faces):

Ahhh, the 3 of us inside Stitches (ok, they did allow some pictures):

And finally, what you've all been waiting for... The stash!
Sadly, I can't show you all of it because some items are presents (shhh). I also have a pattern on it's way to me since they sold out at one of the booths. Apparently a lot of vendors were caught off guard by the size of the convention in Baltimore vs the smaller version that was held in Atlantic City the last couple of years. Many said they had to have emergency shipments sent in since their stock was so thoroughly picked over.


What do we have here? A few circulars, some knitterly post-it notes, wool wash, super soft lace yarn (I've been waiting to give it a shot for quite some time now); some Socks That Rock yarn, because it was just too tempting not to see if it really does rock; Noro Aurora because well because it was shiny and I'm easily distracted by shiny things; and the creme de la creme (is that how you spell it?), Stitchy McYarnpant's new book signed by Stitchy herself! The best part was that I picked up the book to just leaf through it and the woman running the booth said I could have it signed if I want, and I must have said something along the lines of "whahuh, by who?" and then Stitchy steps out from behind a wall and says "by me" with a big ol' smile. Yeah! My only regret is not getting her to sign a book for my SP. I almost did but then wasn't sure if she would want it or already had it or who knows what. So, if you read this sometime after January pal, I'm sorry I didn't get you a copy of the book, but hopefully what I did get you will make up for it ;-)

2 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had such a blast. I was considering going to Stitches West, but the airfare to go one state over is horrendous. We'll see.

 
At 11/23/2006 1:01 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Yeah, taking a plane to Stitches might be tough even if the tickets were cheap - how ever would you bring back a proper stash on the plane? :-)
I'm glad to hear from you, where'd your blog go? Very mysterious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy