Thursday, March 02, 2006

This week in knitting...

So I made my first Knit Picks, sock yarn and dye your own yarn purchase all in one order this week!

I've been getting their catalogue for quite some time now, but never ordered anything. Jana, one of my knitting partners in crime, loves them so I thought I'd give 'em a shot. I'm so excited to knit my first pair of regular socks. I have no idea what colors I'll dye the yarn but I know it's quite likely it'll end up being a ball of brownish purple ick by the time I'm done with it but I don't care, I want to play!

Of course, two days after I order online, I get the new catalogue. I'm afraid to look inside because I already want those purple and green socks that are on the cover! I have got to stop buying yarn and start figuring out what I'm going to do with all of the stuff I'm making (or should I say, planning to make). I feel like I have enough to open my own shop at this point!

2 Comments:

At 3/04/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I've seen a lot of people dye yarn with Kool Aid and it seems to work really well. I bet you'll do fine. The only thing is you know sock knitting is addicitve. I think you're going to like it, it's really, really fun.

 
At 11/30/2022 3:51 PM, Anonymous Underpinning Santa Rosa said...

This is a great ppost thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy