Thursday, December 21, 2006

Decadent

I came home to find a little box waiting for me and of course, dopey me pondered for far too long, "did I order someone a Christmas present and forget?"
No silly, your SP sent you a gift!

The box included a set of very pretty coasters, a wonderful cranberry cinnamon candle (I love spicy candles) and a tin of the fanciest darn holiday tea I ever did see!

I've never seen this before but not only was I and my tea connoisseur mother impressed, but even my I-don't-do-tea father asked for a looksy - - what was so intriguing? The tea bags are little silk sachets! Is that not the coolest thing ever? OK, it's very possible that I'm just not in the know, and this is standard practice in "good tea" world but I've never seen such a thing. I almost hate to throw the bag out when I'm done. OMG, I'm turning into my great-grandmother!!! Please, stop me before I start saving old wrapping paper "because it's too nice to rip."

Mmmmmmmm, yummy spicy clovey, citrusy tea for mom and me. Not only was it yummy but it made the house smell great. Once again pal you sent a wonderful package, thank you and happy holidays!

Oh, this? It's the last mug standing from a very old set that my folks had when I was a kid. Each mug had a different bunch of wild flowers on it and for some reason I always loved looking at each of them to check out all the different flowers. I had completely forgotten about the set until about a week ago when this one resurfaced from the abyss. I felt like Sarah in the Labyrinth when she ended up in the junkyard where all your lost stuff goes :-)



****I upgraded to the Beta Blogger but they're still working out the kinks. Example, the spell check is much better and faster, it hightligts all the incorrect words and gives you a dropdown menu to pick from - however, the corrections don't always stick.
Also, bloglines is having a little trouble keeping up so it doesn't always show that there is a new post. Plus it's had one of those lovely red exclamation marks next to the updated blogs for the last few days. However, pictures upload faster and it can handle more than 3 at a time where the old one always chocked up on me if I did more than two.
None, of this really matters, just thought I'd let you all know some of the beta issues in case you're pondering it or wondering why my blog is doing some weird stuff. ****

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/22/2006 6:49 AM, Blogger Jana said...

You remind me of the babe, what babe? The babe with the power, what power? The babe with the power of voodoo...

Ahem, anyway, awesome package! I've seen tea in bags like that before, yep, it means it's really, really good stuff!

 
At 12/22/2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice step by step photos. i've recently discovered this particular brand of tea, and i really love them. there are quite a few other teas around that use the same sort of triangular bags. my mother is REALLY a tea snob...she will only drink teas that are not "flavored" and will definitely NEVER use any kind of tea in a bag. she has reasons that sound like they make sense, but i still think they taste good.

i hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy