Thursday, December 14, 2006

So much to blog about, so little time

OK let's play a quick game of catch up shall we?

First off Jana, (whom I'm sure you know by now) was kind enough to loan me her precious wool winder and swift last week. That's her showing Chris and I how to use it in the middle of the restaurant, yes, we used the swift too. Shame? What's that? No, I don't think I have any, why do you ask?

So after knitting I took it home and promptly wound pretty much everything available.
Was that enough? No of course not!
So onto Ebay I went and purchased my very own winder!!! I don't have a swift but I'm not too worried about that since hardly any of the stuff I have left to wind is in hanks.

Mine, mine all mine!!!!
Birthday yarn!
Our LSY sends you a $15 coupon for you to spend on yarn in your birthday month, plus I got a gift certificate from Chris so looky what I got. It's Miracle by Classic Elite 50/50 alpaca & tencel. I kept seeing tencel mentioned around the knitting world but I wasn't sure what it was. I started to asked my ladies when we were at Stitches and some woman piped in to explain that it was a plant fiber(fiber whores are so easy to spot). I just had to get some because it's so very, very soft. I haven't had a chance to knit it yet but I plan to make a scarf with it for my Grey's Anatomy KAL since I'm very over-due on making something grey :-)

So besides all the yarny, yarn, yarn stuff a few other things have been ahappenin'. For starters, I have joined you all in the 21st century and gotten myself Tivo!!!

I just can't believe the love and I know I haven't learned how to do half the stuff it's capable of yet.

Oh, and Dad has decorated the house...




I know, subtle ain't it? I wouldn't have it any other way - - ok, maybe I would give low-key and tasteful a try some time but really, isn't this so much more fun?




2 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, how did you survive this long without a wool winder? are you kidding me, i even use it for my skeins. nothing beats knitting from those wound up little cakes.

i hope you are enjoying your holiday season and all that new yarn!!

 
At 12/19/2006 7:02 AM, Blogger Jana said...

ooh that gray yarn is sooo pretty!!! And so you is your house! I knew Santa's Workshop was really in New Jersey somewhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page This site is certified 44% EVIL by the Gematriculator
< ? NJ Bloggers # >
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapInteractive flash maps
Click for Red Bank, New Jersey Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
Technorati blog directory

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD
MYSTERY CARROT AWARD

for website adequacy